1. Use Bounce Fabric Softener Sheets...Best thing ever used in Louisiana..just wipe on & go..Great for Babies
2. Bob, a fisherman, takes one vitamin B-1 tablet a day April through October . He said it works. He was right. Hasn't had a mosquito bite in 33 years. Try it. Every one he has talked into trying it works on them. Vitamin B-1( Thiamine Hydrochloride 100 mg.)
3. If you eat bananas, the mosquitos like you, - something about the banana oil as your body processes it. Stop eating bananas for the summer and the mosquitos will be much less interested.
4. This is a surprise to me, but one of the best insect repellents someone found (who is in the woods every day), is Vick's Vaporub.
5. Plant marigolds around the yard, the flowers give off a smell that bugs do not like, so plant some in that garden also to help ward off bugs without using insecticides.
6. Marines who spend a great deal of time camping out, say that the very best mosquito repellant you can use is Avon Skin-So-Soft bath oil mixed about half and half with rubbing alcohol.